Marks: 100 Duration: 2 hours
Instructions to Candidates
1. Answer All the Questions
2. Each question Carries “1” Mark
3. Round off the appropriate choice in OMR sheet
(General Knowledge & Current Affairs)
1. Scientist in the month of December revealed a planet that could support life, orbits a Sun-like star near the Earth. What is the name of the star around which this planet was found orbiting?
1. Tau Ceti 2. Sirius 3. Ophiuchi 4.Gliese 33
2.Park Guen –hye has beenelected as the first women President of
1. Thailand 2.Vietnam 3. South Korea 4.Maurritius
3. The term “Chucker” is used in which sports?
1.Football 2. Horse Racing 3. Wrestling 4. Polo
4. Which of the following fairs is not correct?
1. Rangaswamy Cup-Hockey 2. Rovers Cup- Football
3.Federation Cup-Badminton 4.Deodhar Trophy-Cricket
5. Who wrote the Book entitled ‘Ghulamgiri’ ?
1. B. R. Ambedkar 2. Narayan Guru 3. Jyotiba Phule 4. M. P. Pillai
6. How many censuses (including the 2011 census) have been carried out since independence?
1. 05 2. 06 3. 07 4. 08
7. Consider the following
A. Fundamental Rights
B. Fundamental Duties
C. Directive Principles of State policy
In India the provisions related to “education” have been embodied in which among the above
1. A & B 2. B & C 3. A & C 4. A&B&C
8. Under which Constitutional Amendment Act, Article 368 of the Constitution was amended for the first time—
1. 25th Amendment Act 2. 26th Amendment Act
3. 24th Amendment Act 4. 27th Amendment Act
9. Who finally approves the draft of Five year plans
1. Parliament and State Legislatures 2.National Development Council
3. Planing Commission 4. Presiodent
10. What was main contribution of Jainism to Indian Philosophy?
1. The doctrine of rebirth 2. The doctrine of Syadvada
3. The doctrine of immortality of soul 4. The doctrine of Brahma is nirguna